When your canine companion receives a lymphoma diagnosis, you naturally seek the latest cancer treatment for dogs (such as TANOVEA®-CA1 (rabacfosadine for injection)). But its not just owners who take care of dogs, dogs also take care of us. Studies have shown that dogs can improve our health and well-being in a wide variety of ways.
Life is Better with Them Beside Us
How does being a dog owner improve your life? There are countless examples, including:
- Improved heart health. Dog owners tend to walk more, which can help lower blood pressure and protect you from heart disease.
- More social connections. A dog can be a focal point for conversation when you encounter a neighbor on the street, making it easier to develop a positive relationship with them.
- Stress reduction. Simply petting your dog can help release tension after a busy day and decrease the amount of stress hormones in your bloodstream.
- Fewer allergies. Babies in homes where pets are present tend to have fewer allergies and less asthma later in life.
- Sense of purpose. Being a responsible pet owner and taking good care of your four-legged friend produces a sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Support during your illness. People with life-threatening illnesses like cancer tend to have a higher quality of life when they spend time with a dog, which makes it only natural that we want to pursue cancer treatment for dogs when our furry friends are ill.
- Decreased depression. The unconditional love you get from a dog and the encouragement to get outside of your negative thoughts for a while can be a very positive influence if you are suffering from depression.
- More nurturing personality. Caring for a pet, especially when you are young, can help teach you the importance nurturing skills, which can improve your human relationships when you get older.
New Hope for Their Health
If you find yourself dealing with a lymphoma diagnosis, it’s comforting to know that a novel cancer treatment for dogs like TANOVEA®-CA1 (rabacfosadine for injection) is currently available. Dogs do so much for our health; it’s encouraging that we can now do more for theirs. Detailed information on TANOVEA-CA1 is available at vetdc.com. You can also contact us to learn more.